DoubleMan Group, LLC is a limited liability company focused on turn-key growth acceleration for technology, energy, and media companies.
President and CEO: Kevin Cohen
Mr. Cohen is a recognized leader in new media, with a long career that includes successful international business launches and revenue generation across multiple platforms, including linear TV, interactive and enhanced TV, VOD, broadband, and mobile.
Upon learning that Mr. Cohen had formed his own company in 2008, PaidContent.org wrote that Cohen was the “the go-to guy for digital at Turner Broadcasting long before most of the execs there realized it mattered.”
- Responsible for generating over $130 million in distribution revenue for Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Responsible for overseeing creation of Turner’s Digital Strategy, which was presented by CEO to Time Warner Board of Directors.
- Became Turner’s first General Manager for Interactive/Enhanced TV, from 2000 – 2005. Launched, managed and operated Turner’s VOD business across all its news, entertainment, and animation properties. Turner currently offers over 70 hours of VOD programming/month domestically.
- Two-time Emmy Nominee (Primetime and Technology) for 2006 CNN Enhanced application deployed on Echostar.
- Winner ITV Today Leadership Award, 2005 (ITVT is publication of record for ITV industry).
- Responsible for Turner striking a cross-company deal with Motricity to enable unlimited SMS messaging and premium mobile storefronts for all of Turner’s news, sports, animation and entertainment properties. Currently TBSI has eleven properties leveraging the Motricity platform.
- Responsible for Turner’s mobile distribution deals with SK Telecom and NTT DoCoMo and 3G trials with Qualcomm/MediaFLO.
- As SVP Business Development, was responsible for negotiating and managing Turner’s first broadband video licensing deals, which created a new currency for CNN.com and NASCAR.com to reinvest in its broadband businesses from 2002 through 2005.
- Responsible for presenting network business case and strategy to Turner Executive Committee that resulted in successful creation of and launch of Peachtree TV in 2007.
- Served on the Board of Directors of Tooniverse, a Korean animation channel, from 1999 – 2000 and served on the Management Committee for Cartoon Network Japan from 1997 – 2000.
- Played a major role in the successful launch of Cartoon Network Japan in 1997 – managed business planning and coordinated implementation of first 24-hour animation channel in Japan. CNJ was Turner’s first country specific channel in Asia Pacific and first joint venture network, with more than $25 million in committed capital. Results led to Turner becoming majority shareholder in CNJ.
Current and Prior Affiliations:
- Board of Governors, National Academy of Media Arts & Sciences (prior).
- Member, Producer’s Guild of America, New Media Council (current).
- Member, National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Advanced Media Committee (prior).
- Member, Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Interactive TV Peer Group (current).
For current biography click here